Otoñal Rioja Reserva
Wines & Sparkling, Spain, 750 ml
- SAQ Code
- Designation of origin
- Rioja Alta
- Bodegas Olarra
- Degree of alcohol
- Grape variety
- Tempranillo 85%, Graciano 5%, Grenache 10%
After rigorous selection during harvest, grapes undergo temperature-controlled fermentation and maceration for 2-3 weeks to ensure adequate extraction of the tannins and aromas.
It then stays in a barrel for 12-16 months and is subsequently aged in the bottle for 18 months to more fully develop its aromatic palate.
Ruby colored wine with a pleasing aromatic complexity. It has notes of black cherries, red berries and licorice. Well-balanced structure on the palate and a long, persistent finish.
Cocktails and pairings
Grilled lamb chops and chorizo paella. Serve between 16-18°C.
- Gold Medal – Concours Mondial Bruxelle – Belgique – 2015
- Bronze Medal – IWC 2015
- Bronze Medal – Decanter 2015
- Gold Medal — Berliner Wine Trophy — Allemagne — 2014
- 89 Points — Wine Advocate, Robert Parker 2013
- 90 Points — Wine Advocate, Robert Parker 2011